COMPASS 2021 run
The run is aimed at semi-inclusive deep-inelastic scattering (SIDIS) of muons off transversely polarised 6LiD target, as described in our proposal. The experiment is located in the Experimental Hall North 2 (EHN2), building 888, on the Prévessin site of CERN.
|23. 7.||After some complications the pumping line is back in place and being leak-checked.|
|3. 7.||Accident – 3He pumping line collapsed, it is going to be replaced in about a week. It will delay the physics data taking by roughly 3 weeks. Spectrometer commissioning continues as planned.|
|21. 6.||In situ test of the target holder has shown no leak. We are back on track! [Planning]|
|9. 6.||Presentation on the SPCS meeting open session by Fulvio Tessarotto [Indico].|
|20. 5.||Serious polarized target problem occured, investigations are ongoing [CM page]|
|31. 5.||Dry run||Set up and test detector front-ends.|
|28. 6.||Commissioning||First beams for NA commissioning.|
|12. 7.||Beam to NA for physics.||Spectrometer commissioning with beam.|
|?. 8.||Physics data taking starts|
|6. 10.||End of the run|
Calling from outside CERN:
- Landline numbers (7....) or CERNphone (6....): dial +41 22 76 plus all five digits.
- Mobile numbers (16....): dial +41 75 411 plus last four digits.
The data are taken from the CMAD2012 MySQL database on pccodb00 and can be updated there.
Showing active roles on 23. 07. 2021 . Show the whole run.
|Control room (892-R-D10)||7 8058|
|DEXSO/Gas||TESSAROTTO Fulvio||16 4826|
|EXSO||LEVORATO Stefano||16 4850|
|Run Coordinator||MATOUŠEK Jan||16 0810, +420736663300|
|Spokesperson||PARSAMYAN Bakur||16 4463|
|Spokesperson||TESSAROTTO Fulvio||16 4826|
|Technical Coordinator||LEVORATO Stefano||16 7431, 16 4850|
|Week coordinator||BARTH Jens||(164863), 16 0912|
|SPS Control Room (CCC)||7 7500|
|Polarised Target Coordinator||DOSHITA Norihiro||16 8996|
|DAQ||FROLOV Vladimir||16 5994, 6 5098|
|DCS||PIRES Christophe||16 4872, 6 6506|
- COMPASS experiment
- CERN in COVID times
- Summary from HSE
- Conditions to enter Switzerland or France
- Users office information
- If you are coming from a high-risk zone (as defined by either France or Switzerland), you have to fill this form and contact the technical coordinator or spokesperson (in advance!)
- Otherwise, no special procedure is currently needed to enter the site (you just need to do the online COVID training).
- All people on site have to carry a Proximeter (online training, collect it, more info).
- CERN Hostel in Saint Genis can be booked as usually (web booking)
- CERN Hostel in Meyrin can be booked filling a form (fill the technical coordinator or spokesperson as the guarantor)
- Obtaining personal (passive) dosimeter
- CERN Shuttle service
COMPASS setup, upstream half
COMPASS setup, downstream half
The experimental setup consists of a beam telescope, solid-state transversely 6LiD target and a two-stage magnetic spectrometer. The spectrometer has wide angular coverage and robust tracking. Particle identification is ensured by muon filters and a RICH detector. It contains also electromagnetic and hadronic calorimeters.