COMPASS 2021 run
The run is aimed at semi-inclusive deep-inelastic scattering (SIDIS) of muons off transversely polarised 6LiD target, as described in our proposal or in this talk. The experiment is located in the Experimental Hall North 2 (EHN2), building 888, on the Prévessin site of CERN.
News onder than 90 days are hidden (show all the news).
|31. 5.||Dry run||Set up and test detector front-ends.|
|28. 6.||Commissioning||First beams for NA commissioning.|
|12. 7.||Beam to NA for physics.||Spectrometer commissioning with beam.|
|6. 9.||Physics data taking starts||(originally 1. 8.)|
|6. 10.||End of the run|
Calling from outside CERN:
- Landline numbers (7....) or CERNphone (6....): dial +41 22 76 plus all five digits.
- Mobile numbers (16....): dial +41 75 411 plus last four digits.
The data are taken from the CMAD2012 MySQL database on pccodb00 and can be updated there.
|Control room (892-R-D10)||7 8058|
|DEXSO/Gas||TESSAROTTO Fulvio||16 4826|
|Deputy run coordinator|
|EHN2 (888) TSO||RAE Bastien||16 7388|
|EXSO||LEVORATO Stefano||16 4850|
|Run Coordinator||MATOUŠEK Jan||16 0810, 6 6282|
|Spokesperson||PARSAMYAN Bakur||16 4463|
|Spokesperson||TESSAROTTO Fulvio||16 4826|
|Technical Coordinator||LEVORATO Stefano||16 7431, 16 4850|
|Week coordinator||16 4863|
|SPS Control Room (CCC)||7 7500|
|Polarised Target Coordinator||DOSHITA Norihiro||16 8996|
|Polarised target expert||PEŠEK Michael||16 3935|
|DAQ||ZEMKO Martin||16 4482|
|DCS||PIRES Christophe||16 4872, 6 6506|
- COMPASS experiment
- Main page
- COMPASS Team on Mattermost (an invite link can be found in Contacts or Shifts)
- Electronic logbook
- COMPASS Wiki
- Wiki page with shift instructions
- Safety checklist
- Online beam monitor
- Accelerator coordination page
- Injector schedule v. 1.2, 17. 6. 2021
- SPS user schedule v. 3.1, 17. 9. 2021: overview, detailed
- Long term schedule (released 31. 1. 2020)
- Vistar SPS Page 1
- CERN in COVID times
- Summary from HSE
- Conditions to enter Switzerland or France
- Users office information
- COVID self-testing on site: recommended every week, easy, free of charge, rapid and reliable. No certificate is issued, but you are protecting your co-workers... Info, sign up.
- If you have COVID symptoms, do not come on site. Contact the Medical Service at +41 22 766 7777 to arrange for an RT-PCR test at the Proxilis laboratory in Meyrin.
- If you are coming from a high-risk zone (as defined by either France or Switzerland), you have to fill this form and contact the technical coordinator or spokesperson (in advance!)
- Otherwise, no special procedure is currently needed to enter the site (you just need to do the online COVID training).
- All people on site have to carry a Proximeter (online training, collect it, more info).
- CERN Hostel in Saint Genis can be booked as usually (web booking). There is a special quarantine floor.
- CERN Hostel in Meyrin can be booked filling a form (fill the technical coordinator or spokesperson as the guarantor). People in quarantine cannot stay in Meyrin.
- All restaurants and cafeterias remain closed at weekends and have limited opening hours on workdays.
- Vaccination certificates issued outside the EU can be converted into the French health pass.
- Obtaining personal (passive) dosimeter
- CERN Shuttle service
- AMBER Proton radius pilot run
COMPASS setup, upstream half
COMPASS setup, downstream half
The experimental setup consists of a beam telescope, solid-state transversely 6LiD target and a two-stage magnetic spectrometer. The spectrometer has wide angular coverage and robust tracking. Particle identification is ensured by muon filters and a RICH detector. It contains also electromagnetic and hadronic calorimeters.